Short courses are useful for continuing professional development, refreshing your knowledge, or exploring a new area of interest. Many of our annual degree programmes are split into courses or modules that can be studied individually.
Make the most of your precious time!
Now you can attend individual courses in Academia Cremonensis together with other professionals, without being joined to a beginner class. This way you will be able to reach the challenging course objectives in time, and you will also have time to ask all the questions you want! You will find that what our teachers want most is to receive increasingly complex challenges from our Certificate course students.
All courses are designed for professional luthiers or graduate students who want to perfect themselves by updating their construction techniques and have no age limits. These are challenging courses for those who, despite being working independently, have not yet acquired total mastery of materials and equipment. In addition to the Master teachers of Academia Cremonensis, there will be external teachers highly specialized in specific areas, offering the best academic preparation.
What are Certificate courses?
Acadrmia Cremonensis offer a diverse range of subjects, including: Advanced Violin-Making, Bow-Making, Advanced Varnish Techniques, Business and Management, and many more.
This can benefit you in various ways:
- To access to Academia Cremonensis professional studies: try a sample of Academia studies, without commitment and for a very convenient price.
- Cremona life: learn about life and start building your network of contacts as a professional in the Capital of Violinmaking.
- Extras: Looking at great Masterpieces of the Italian Tradition, meeting collectors, musicians and dealers from all over the world who visit regularly the Academia.
- Subject: try out an area of study, including new ones that you haven’t had the chance to study at another violinmaking school.
- Dialogue to Master instrument-makers and Lecturers: hear from and be able to speak to subject experts.
- Teaching: experience the different teaching methods used by Academia Cremonensis teachers.
Search below by subject area to find the Certificate course/s you would like to apply to. Once you have found the course you like, click “Apply” to complete the application form.