Short courses for people who are interested in this sector, developed on short workshops that will allow you to understand the basic processes to build your instrument with the best professionals
The Taster courses
Academia Cremonensis Taster courses are short courses in the exclusive classrooms of the Academy in the historic center of Cremona.
All 17 courses are designed for people who want to approach the world of violin making and do not have age restrictions and are ideal to get an insight into studying a particular subject or subject area at Academia Cremonensis.
WHAT ARE TASTER COURSES?
Taster courses are one or two days courses (some run slightly longer). They give you the opportunity to try out a variety of subjects as Woodworking, Violinmaking, Tools Maintenance, Acoustics, CAD drawing or Varnish, and much more!
This can benefit you in various ways:
- Exploring the careers in Intruments-making: develop your career thinking and explore different options. Many job roles don’t require specific degree subjects and you’ll be able to explore how Academia Cremonensis can enhance your skills.
- Access to Academia Cremonensis professional studies: try a sample of Academia studies, without commitment and for a very convenient price.
- Cremona life: learn about life as a student in the Capital of Violinmaking.
- Extras: gain an insight into all corses available, whilst meeting other students from all over the world.
- Subject: try out an area of study, including new ones that you haven’t had the chance to study at another violinmaking school.
- Access to Master instrument-makers and Lecturers: hear from and be able to speak to subject experts.
- Teaching: experience the different teaching methods used by Academia Cremonensis teachers.
Search below by subject area to find the taster course/s you would like to apply to. Once you have found the course you like, click “Apply” to complete the online application form.